Book 53 for 2023
December 2, 2021
In 2023, the RSCDS will be marking its Centenary and we will be publishing a celebration book of dances – Book 53 in 2023. As with previous books we would like Branches to be involved in the submission and selection process.
Dances have different reasons for being popular – the ease or complexity of the formations, the music, the story behind the dance or a combination of all. Something to bear in mind when selecting your Branch dances to put forward for Book 53 in 2023.
- Branches may submit a maximum of 3 dances – if submitting 3 dances, please ensure that they are in different tempos. The submissions can also include medleys
- Please specify if your submitted dance(s) can be considered independently of any submitted music or whether the dance and tune have to be considered together
- You may wish to submit a dance that was previously published locally – it could be a dance that has become popular in your area and you are keen to share it with the global dance community
- Alternatively, the submissions can be new dances but we would prefer those that have been produced in your Branch and danced locally
- Dances can be submitted with or without named / suggested tunes. The music should not be associated with another dance
- Please ensure that you have permission from both the deviser and, where possible, the composer to submit the dance and the tune
Please submit your dances to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your email should be titled “Submission for Book 53 in 2023”
- Individual documents are requested for individual dances
- Please title your documents with the dance title and your Branch name
- Dances must come from an RSCDS Branch
The Membership Services Committee look forward to receiving your submissions by Friday 25th February 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can different branches send in dances by the same deviser?
Yes - we realise that different Branches may have popular dances by the same deviser and are happy to accept dances by the same deviser from different Branches.
- Will you accept hand written submissions?
Yes - however the submission must be scanned and emailed to email@example.com as we cannot accept postal submissions at this time.
- Will you accept dances that are not 8 x 32 bars long?
Yes - the committee would love to include variety in Book 53. Dances in different formations and of differing lengths will make for an interesting book.
- Will you accept dances from individual members?
No - for this special publication each submission must be made by an RSCDS Branch.