You agree to use www.rscds.org (including Message Boards/GoogleCircles groups) in accordance with the following Acceptable Use Policy. This applies across all RSCDS sites and services.
About your posts
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant RSCDS Community/GoogleCircle.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (eg vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) unless allowed under the relevant local house rules. If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion topic, please inform the host of the Community/GoogleCircles area.
- We advise you never to reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address). Please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant Community/GoogleCircles area using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
About the law
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to www.rscds.org or its Communities/GoogleCircles. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited
- You will only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights
- The views expressed in Community/GoogleCircles are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of RSCDS
- If you fail to abide by these Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local house rules) when taking part in a RSCDS service, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts
- This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all www.rscds.org areas
- If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to the RSCDS Communities/GoogleCircles or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the RSCDS site, and RSCDS considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, RSCDS may use whatever information is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s
- RSCDS reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on www.rscds.org (including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Law of Scotland.
Your registration with this system indicates you accept these terms & conditions.
If you wish to disagree with any of these rules please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Acknowledgement to the British Broadcasting Company Limited)