Support local, dance local
RSCDS members are global ambassadors for Scottish Country Dancing, promoting the development of Scottish culture and heritage for current and future generations to enjoy.
With 159 Branches and over 300 Affiliated Groups across the world the RSCDS is connecting with dancers at a local level. By joining an RSCDS Branch you are helping to support your local arts and dance community, whilst carrying on the tradition of Scottish Country Dancing. It’s also a great way to socialise!
As an RSCDS Branch member, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Our bi-annual Scottish Country Dancer magazine, delivered to your door
- Regular e-Newsletters with news, interviews and stories
- 10% discount on RSCDS branded items in our online store
- 10% discount on all events and classes led by the RSCDS (not including Branch-run events)
- Member login to the RSCDS website and access to exclusive resources
- Access to our various education and teacher training programmes
- Exclusive deals with your chosen Branch
- Receive customised information from your Branch, relevant to your local area
Support Scottish Country Dancing in your community and join your local Branch.
*Annual membership varies dependent on the Branch; price is minimum £20*
As agreed at the 2018 AGM, the basic full annual subscription for the membership year July – June will remain at £20. The following membership subscription categories are pro-rata for the dancing year 2019 - 2020:
|Adult single (25+)||£20|
|Adult single (25+) half year membership||
£10.00 (January – June, for new members only)
|Adult joint (both 25+)||
£32.00 (80% of two full adult rates, for two people, members of the same Branch, residing at the same address)
Adult joint (both 25+) half year membership
£16.00 (January – June, for new members only; for two people, members of the same Branch, residing at the same address)
|Young adult (18 - 24)||
£16.00 (80% of full adult rate)
Young adult (18 - 24) half year membership
£8.00 (January – June, for new members only)
|Youth (12 - 17)||£10.00 (50% of full adult rate)|
|Youth (12-17) half year membership||£5.00 (January – June 2018, for new members only)|
(please note that most Branches charge a fee on top of the rates above, which helps to pay for local classes, events etc.)
How do I become a member?
It is very easy to become a member of the RSCDS, just follow these four simple steps:
- Use the Branch & Group Finder to find a Branch closest to your location
- Visit their website for membership information and email the Branch secretary to tell them you would like to join
- Fill out a membership form (or download from their website) and send it in with the subscription fee
- Enjoy the benefits of RSCDS membership!
If you need any help please email the RSCDS office and we will assist with all membership queries.
In their own words
Michael Cummings Herrera, member of Los Angeles Branch
"I am a dancer and went to my first highland games in Vista, California, and saw the RSCDS San Diego Branch tent. I told them I'm from L.A. and they hooked me up with the L.A. Branch.
I started taking SCD classes in the Summer of 2013 and have continued ever since. I can now learn and do advanced-level dances.
I've been to Scottish Balls and dances, as well as, performed Scottish Country Dances at Scottish Fest, two years in a row."
Desiree Patterson, member of New Zealand Branch
"I went to a ceilidh in my 20s, loved it and wanted more, but life intervened and it wasn't until I was nearly 60 that I actually joined a Scottish Country Dance class after seeing a tiny advertisement in the local paper and I haven't looked back since.
I so wish I had made the move thirty years earlier. I love all aspects of it - music, movement, discipline, keeping fit, friendships, history and tradition, and opportunities to get involved at club, region and Branch level."